NRFC and npower stakeholder forum event: Getting Smart About Data
On 23rd April the NRFC and npower hosted a very successful parliamentary stakeholder forum Getting Smart About Data.
Chaired by BBC journalist Paul Lewis, illness the event heard from keynote speakers including Shadow Energy Minister Tom Greatrex MP and Alex Cunningham MP as well as representatives from npower, Consumer Focus, Age UK, Citizens Advice and Ofem.
We were very pleased with the debate and points raised during the discussion as well as the level of support for the work that we are already doing to raise the profile of data-matching as an issue that we feel needs to be taken forward.
We hope that you will continue to support the work of the NRFC in the following ways:
- Support our calls for Government to use data to target the super priority for the Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
- Speak to colleagues and contacts regarding the work that the NRFC are doing to raise the profile of data-matching;
- Log-on to our website and join up to become a member of the National Right to Fuel Campaign http://www.right2fueluk.com/join/
- Invite us to speak: we are happy to explain the work we are doing in this area to people who can help us to promote the idea emanating from the stakeholder forum;
- We are happy to discuss joint activity or partnerships which would build awareness of data-matching as an issue in the future.
A copy of the minutes from the event, identifying the key points raised during the discussion, can be found here 1405 – NRFC – Minutes of Data Matching Event (3)